Dr. Michael Lowe moved to Victoria from Kentville, Nova Scotia in 2014. He completed his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree at Dalhousie University after completing his undergraduate at Michigan State University.
Dr. Lowe is dedicated to excellence and continues to take the best continuing education possible. This includes:
- Completed an intensive, hands-on soft tissue surgical graft course with Implant Seminars focusing on free gingival grafts and subepithelial connective grafts aimed at treating recession, gummy smiles, and other gum defects
- East Coast Endodontic Study Club, mentored by Dr. Robert Roda, the first Canadian to be named president of the American Association of Endodontics
- Member of the International Association for Orthodontics, having completed training in Invisalign, the two year International Straight Wire & Orthopedic Seminars (ISWOS) program, and the one year Rondeau seminars program.
- Recently completed a comprehensive study of implant dentistry at the gIDE Implant Institute in Los Angeles receiving diplomas from both Loma Linda University and gIDE Implant Institute in the one year Master Clinician program. At the institute, he learned the latest techniques in guided bone and soft regeneration under the tutelage of Dr. Sascha Jovanovic.
- Currently studying at Seattle’s Kois Center for Aesthetic, Occlusion, and Restorative Dentistry. The curriculum is built upon Dr. John C. Kois´ mission statement: “Enabling motivated dentists to achieve extraordinary levels, expanding both knowledge and application skills in restorative dentistry.
Dr. Lowe is a CEREC Doctor Mentor and trains fellow dentists on single visit crown and restorative CAD/CAM technology.
A recipient of the prestigious Canadian Dental Association President’s award, as well as the American College of Dentist’s Award, Dr. Lowe is an active member of the Victoria and District Dental Society, the Canadian Dental Association, the College of Dental Surgeons of B.C. and the British Columbia Dental Association and maintains his license to practice in the United States and Canada.
Outside of dentistry, Dr. Lowe loves spending time with his family and friends. He golfs every chance he gets and is active in hockey and soccer leagues and enjoys skiing.
Dr. Lowe is also the principal at Smiles By Design at Oak Bay Avenue and Fort Street practising there three days per week.